Sunday, September 28, 2008

A New Baby

Our family held a special FHE to share our exciting news with our two little guys!

Opening Song:"I Lived in Heaven"




Lesson: We talked about where we lived before we came here and how Heavenly Father chose each of us to be part of our family. I showed a picture of Heavenly Father and Jesus and a picture of the earth. We talked about how there were other children who are also part of our family, but that they still live with Heavenly Father. When it is time for them to join our family here on earth, they come as babies. I showed pictures of our boys as newborns with mommy.




Activity:I had prewrapped several baby items like gifts. (baby rattles, bottles, nose syringe) As the boys unwrapped each item, we discussed why a baby would need these things. We talked about how much each of them has grown and discussed things that they can do now that they are big. (walk, feed themselves, color, blow their own noses, etc)... We talked about what they can do to help a baby.

Then we told the boys that we were going to have a new baby join our family. (Andrew decided it should be a sister, since we don't have one of those yet).



Activity Song: We sang "Once I Was a Baby" (to the tune of Once There Was a Snowman) From the Sunbeam Manual (we crawled on the floor like a baby and then grew taller).

Once I was a baby, baby, baby, once I was a baby, small, small, small.
Now I'm getting bigger, bigger, bigger. Now I'm getting bigger, Tall Tall, Tall.

Snack: We ate watermelon. (Insert your own pregnancy pun here). The real reason why though is because my grandma found out she was expecting my mother because she got sick eating watermelon. (The only time she was ever sick in 7 pregnancies).

Closing Song: "Families are Forever"

1 comment:

Maile said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I'll have to hold on to this idea to use in a few months. =)